Simple Skincare is a brand that I have been using since February of 2012. My skin is very sensitive and before I had made the switch to Simple Skincare, I had been using Clinique products. Thirty-six dollars a bottle had gotten to be expensive for an 18-year-old like myself so I moved onto a more budget-friendly brand. Since I have been using these products for 1 year now, obviously I approve of them, and it's about time that I share my opinion with you guys!
First off, let me tell you what I like about their brand in general:
- Products do not contain animal derived ingredients which means they are vegan friendly!
- A little bit goes a long way. Seriously.
- All products contain Vitamin B5. A vitamin that helps moisturize as well as prevent acne!
- All products are hypoallergenic, pH balanced, and non-comedogenic which also means you are less likely to have an allergic reaction to these products and they do not clog pores. (:
1. Refreshing Facial Wash Gel - This is a trial sized product (1.7 fl oz.) that I had picked up last February to test out and I still have about 1/3 of it left! That pretty much proves bullet point #2 up above there. This gel does not contain soap or any ingredients that would dry your skin and that's what I absolutely love! Before using this face wash, I would just use soap and it always left my skin tight and dry feeling. A day hasn't gone by yet without me using this face wash gel. It hydrates the skin and makes you feel refreshed.
2. Eye-makeup Remover - This eye-makeup remover comes in a 4.2 fl oz. bottle and is a relatively new product to this brand I believe. The remover has a consistency of water so this product won't last as long as the other gels and moisturizers. The two things I love about this makeup remover is that it does not contain oil and can remove waterproof mascara. When I used high-end eye-makeup remover, it definitely did its job well and took off the makeup effortlessly but I always felt a bit sticky or greasy after using it. This Simple Skincare water-based remover was a great switch for me.
3. Hydrating Light Moisturizer - This product was my first purchase from the Simple brand and after a year, just like the facial wash, I am still on my first bottle. The moisturizer comes in a bottle the same size as the eye-makeup remover does (4.2 fl oz.) and does not contain any perfumes or dyes. Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Glycerin, and Borage Seed Oil, are the 4 moisturizing ingredients this product contains. Usually, I apply this moisturizer right after I get out of the shower (which I take before bed) and then again when I wake up in the morning because it claims a "12 hour moisturization." Like the other 2 face products, a little bit of this goes a long way. It is extremely light, spreads across your face easily, and takes literally less than a minute to absorb into your skin so you aren't left feeling sticky.
4. Cleansing Facial Wipes - I am going to be honest and say that I no longer buy these wipes. I used them to remove my makeup before going to bed but since I now take showers at night, they are no longer necessary for me. But holy cow do these work well! Before buying Simple, I used Ponds Chamomile and White Tea Cleansing Towelettes which also worked well but dried my face in the process. These wipes are thicker than most and have the perfect amount of moisture in making your face feel refreshed after using. No alcohol or oil is used in these wipes either.
These are just the products that I have been using for the last year. They have many other choices and face products to help you. Be sure to check out their website and take a skin consultation to find what's best for your skin! http://www.simpleskincare.com/
Simple Skincare is available at most drugstores in the U.S.
**This post was not sponsored in any way. These products were all purchased with my own money and I decided to do this post on my own terms. (: